Things to EXPLORE
What’s a convention without cool stuff to buy? Browse a variety of interactive vendor booths selling all the retro gaming and other neat stuff you need and don’t know you need (yet). Chat up the booth vendors, ask questions, and have fun!
Minecraft Build Challenge
Sponsored by Microsoft. Players ages 7+ years will put their creativity, Minecraft knowledge and skills to the test in this fun virtual event. Attendees will be given topics along with instructive guidelines throughout to develop their own creative build in Minecraft. Register today on your own or with a friend. All skill levels are welcome!
Build Challenge Activity: Interactive challenge where attendees will follow instructive guidelines to develop their own creative build project within Minecraft.
Pre Registration coming soopn
- A device to access and remain on Microsoft Teams for the challenge (PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android)
- Ownership and download of Minecraft on preferred platform prior to the start of the workshop.
- For the best experience, please use Edge or Chrome to join the event.
- Q) I have multiple kids joining the same event from home, do they need their own devices?
A) To collaborate, discuss, or interact in the virtual meeting, they can participate with one device, together. If each child wants to participate individually in the build challenge, they’ll need a separate device.
- Q) I don’t own Minecraft, where can I purchase and download it?
A) Visithttps://www.minecraft.net/en-us/get-minecraftfor more information or if you are using a console, visit the digital store. Participants must own the Windows 10 (or bedrock edition) of Minecraft.
- Q) I have a console do I need additional subscriptions to participate in the Build Challenge?
A) If the participants are playing on XBOX they must be subscribed to XBOX Live or XBOX Game Pass Ultimate in order to join and collaborate in the same world.
Code Your Own Video Game
with MakeCode Arcade
Sponsored by Microsoft. In this virtual 90 minute workshop, students eight and older use block-based coding to create a video game with MakeCode Arcade. Students learn fundamental game and coding concepts like sprites, variables, and coordinates, and use their new skills to create and customize a playable game. Pre-registration coming soon!